Uploading your website through FTP is really easy to do. By simply copying and pasting your file from your computer, it allows you to upload your website data. For instructions on how to do this, please perform the following steps:
Before you upload, please make sure the home page of your website is called index.htm or index.html, otherwise your website will not show up. Also, files that have a .html extension take precedence over .htm files. For example, "index.html" takes precedence over "index.htm".
Uploading through FTP
1. From your desktop or Start menu, open My Computer
2. Navigate to the folder that contains your website files
3. From the menu bar, select Edit -> Select All
This will highlight all of your files.
4. From the menu bar, select Edit -> Copy
5. On your computer, press Start -> Run
Note: Vista users just need to press their Start button and enter Step 6 in their "Start Search" bar, which is right above their Start button.
6. Type in "explorer.exe ftp://domain.com" (without the quotes)
Note: For domain.com, enter the name and extension of your website
7. Press OK or [Enter]
8. When prompted, enter your username and password, as shown below
9. Press Log On
10. Double-click the httpdocs folder
Note: If you don't see this folder, double-click the wwwroot folder
11. From the menu bar, select Edit -> Paste
This will upload your website files. If prompted, select overwrite all files